☣ = I cannot believe I watched something this terrible.
✿ = 3 or more undesirable elements
✿✿ = 1-2 undesirable elements
✿✿✿ = No undesirable elements, ie. looks, ending, plot, acting
✿✿✿✿ = The best drama of the year
Completed | Currently Watching | On Hold |
- A Little Love Never Hurts ✿ – (Aired September 28, 2013 – March 30, 2014) I started watching this because of the actors from Jang Ok Jung, Song Soo-Hyun and Lee Sang Yeob. I then discovered that Han Go Eun was in this as well and I recognized her from a few dramas.
- Bel Ami (Pretty Boy) ✿ – (Aired November 20, 2013 – January 9, 2014) I watched this mainly because of IU even though I don’t listen to her music. I don’t really like Jang Keun Seok as an actor anymore. This part really should have been played by someone like Yoon Shi Yoon, Lee JoonGi or any other pretty boys in Korea. The was amazingly beautiful and Jang Keun Seok doesn’t fit that image even a little.
- (Shark) Don’t Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus ✿✿ – (Aired May 27 – July 30, 2013) How could I possibly NOT watch Kim Nam-Gil’s comeback drama after being released from the army. That is a given!
- Empress Ki – (Aired October 28, 2013 – April 29, 2014) After realizing that I could watch Chang-Wook in Five Fingers for too long I was really happy he was in this drama. The only problem is that it is not available on Hulu, Viki or any other free site.
- Flower Boy Next Door ✿✿ – (Aired January 7 – February 26, 2013) I really like Park Shin Hye’s acting. After all she was in the first drama I ever watched. However, the new guy Yoon Shi Yoon, really took me by surprise. He was annoying in this drama, but I liked him after a while.
- Me Too! Flower ✿✿✿ – (Aired November 9, 2011 — December 28, 2011) I watched this right after Flower Boy Next Door because of Yoon Shi Yoon, but I also recognized the lead actress from another drama, that I only watched the first episode.
- Good Doctor ✿✿✿✿ – (Aired August 5 – October 8, 2013) After watching Joo Won in Bridal Mask, well I just had to watch this drama as well and also after watching Moon Chae Won in Innocent Man she became one of my favorite actresses.
- Heirs ✿✿ – (Aired October 9 – December 12, 2013) Of course I had to watch Park Shin-Hye and Lee Min Ho demonstrated from City Hunter and Faith that he is a good actor, so I had no doubt this would be good. However, the writers nearly screwed it up. And there was a bonus in the ensemble of this drama. So many faces I recognized from other dramas. Kim Woo-Bin from School 2013 and A Gentleman’s Dignity. Choi Jin Hyuk from Panda and Hedgehog. Kang Min-Hyuk from CNBLUE, Krystal from F(x). Kang Ha-Neul from Two Weeks, To the Beautiful You and Monstar.
- Hundred Year Inheritance ✿ – (Aired January 5 – June 23, 2013) I can’t remember why I started watching this drama but I got sucked in even though it has over 40+ episodes. I told myself I wouldn’t watch anything over 24 episodes for a really, really, really long time and I got suckered into this drama and it wasn’t even all that great.
- I Can Hear Your Voice ✿✿– (Aired )I started watching this drama because of the description and the lead actor and actress are great.
- IRIS 2 – (Aired February 13 – April 18, 2013) I was waiting for this drama for the longest time after the first one. And when I found out Lee Da Hae and Jang Hyuk were going to be in it, I totally flipped….only to be highly disappointed. Mainly because Lee Da Hae had gotten a nose job and she looked weird to me. Her nose is what made her different also, I couldn’t get past the first episode but hopefully I will try to get over the disappointment and actually watch this series.
- Jang Ok Jeong ✿✿✿✿ – (Aired April 8 – June 25, 2013) Yes, well I definitely had to watch this because of Yoo Ah In but I also recognized Kim Tae Hee, which I didn’t know her name, but she was good in IRIS. So this series was ONE OF THE BEST dramas aired in 2013 for me.
- Jung-Yi: Goddess of Fire – (Aired July 1 – October 22, 2013) I liked the main actress, Moon Geun-Young in Mary, Stayed out all night (Marry Me Mary!) and also Cheongdamdong Alice. She really piqued my interest. However, this drama made me gag and I never got past episode 20-something. But I will try to finish it someday.
- King’s Daugther: Soo Baek Hyang – (Aired September 30, 2013 – March 14, 2014) I wanted to watch this drama because of the storyline but also because I recognized the actress from Tamra Island and also Flames of Desire – which I didn’t watch but was going to because of Yoo Seung Ho who is an EXCELLENT actor.
- Let’s Eat ✿✿ – (Aired November 28, 2013 – March 13, 2014) I only wanted to see this because they were talking about Korean food, but it turned out to be really good in the long run.
- Medical Top Team ✿✿ – (Aired October 9 – December 12, 2013) I watched this for the description but also because I found out that Joo Ji Hoon would be in it as well as Min Ho from SHINee.
- Monstar ✿ – (Aired May 17 – August 2, 2013) I wanted to see this because of the description. However, it wasn’t as good as it could have been.
- Secret Love ✿✿✿✿ – (Aired September 25 – November 14, 2013) I started watching this because of Bae Soo Bin, but the other actors and actresses truly out shown him. This was the best drama I had seen in a while.
- That Winter, The Wind Blows – (Aired February 13 – April 3, 2013) I was going to watch this because every thing I read said it was an amazing drama, but I haven’t gotten around to it.
Blade and Petal– (Aired July 3 – September 5, 2013) I liked the description and I wanted to see actors Uhm Tae-Woong and Choi Min Soo but I couldn’t make it past episode 4 or 5. And it was only 20 episodes.
- The Prime Minister and I ✿✿ – (Aired July 3 – September 5, 2013)I watched this because of Yoona. She was really good in Love Rain and I wanted to see her act some more. However, I really liked the lead actor in here.
- The Queen’s Classroom ✿✿✿✿ – (Aired June 12 – August 1, 2013) OMG! I was waiting for the actress who played Mishil in Great Queen Seondeok (Ko Hyun-Jung) to be in another drama and it was this one with one of the young actresses I like (Kim Hyang-Gi) from Hero and A Werewolf Boy. They picked two of the best actresses for this drama.
The Suspicious Housekeeper– (Aired September 23 – November 26, 2013) I watched this because of the storyline but I couldn’t finish it after half way through even though some of the young actors and actresses are my favorites in here.
- Two Weeks ✿✿✿ – (Aired August 7 – September 26, 2013) Lee Joon Gi…duh!!! When can I ever NOT watch his dramas. I’m glad he did something a little different this time. This was a really good drama. The music soundtrack was really good too!
- When a Man Loves ✿✿ – (Aired April 3 – June 6, 2013) Yep because of Song Seung-Heon from Dr Jin. I love his acting and he is sooo freaking sexy. However, Shin Se Kyung CANNOT act. She was horrible in Fashion King and she was really horrible in this.
- You Who Came From the Stars ✿✿✿✿ – (Aired December 18, 2013 – February 27, 2014) I watched this because I recognized Kim Soo-Hyun from Dream High and this drama was simply one of the best of the year. I would buy this drama on DVD if I had the money.