Kevin Woo releases his first song in his Solo career in Japan. However, there will be an English version for International fans as well. He also has a music video for the English version for international fans.
Woo Sunghyun (우성현) was born November 25, 1991, better known by his birth name Kevin (케빈) is a Korean-American singer, currently a member and vocalist of seven-member South Korean boy band, U-KISS, formed by NH Media in 2008. Bandmates include Soohyun, Kiseop, Eli, AJ, Hoon and Jun. Previous members include Alexander and Kibum, Dongho, & AJ
Kevin was born and raised in Danville, California, United States, living with his parents and older sister. He attended Monte Vista High School and was in the school choir. After auditioning in Korea during a holiday trip, he was chosen and thus decided to be a singer. At the age of 15, Kevin moved to South Korea with his mother to pursue his dream. Kevin’s religion is Christianity.
2006 : Debut with XING
Kevin debuted in a four-member group, XING, alongside Marumir otherwise known as Kim Kibum, Yume and Cheon Hyesung. The group name is an acronym for Crossing In New Genre. XING’s first single ‘In Your Hands’ was released on December 14, 2006. Their popularity quickly rose and they were dubbed as the teenage SG Wannabe. XING made it into the list of the Top 5 Most Anticipated Artists in 2007.
2006–2008 : Activities as member of XING
Mini albums and albums released
In 2007, two new members were added to the group, while Marumir left the group. Thus, XING became a 5-member group for the release of their second mini album on August 5, 2007, My Girl. The title song falls into the genre of pop.
After undergoing member makeup dramatic changes, seven-member XING returned to the musical scene in December 12, 2007, with mini album, The White Of Winter. On March 17, 2008, the seven-member XING released a digital single T-Express. The music style of the group changes from pop genre to a more dance genre with rap influence.
The group held its second concert on September 8, 2007. They performed songs from both their singles and each member delivered a solo performance. They performed officially on national television at the YTN Star Digital Night Concert. After the release of T-Express in April 2008, Woo, the only original member of XING decided to depart from the group.
2008 : Debut with U-KISS
Kevin then became a member of a six-member group, U-KISS. The name of the group stands for Ubiquitous Korean International (Idol) Super Star. They debuted on August 15, 2008 in Japan at the Power of Atamix. The group released their first mini album, N-Generation, on September 3, 2008. Later on, the group debuted on South Korean television, with a performance of “Not Young” on M! Countdown. Kiseop later joined in 2009, before 만만하니 promotional activities, and U-KISS then becomes a seven-member boyband.
2008–2017 : Activities as member of U-KISS
Mini Albums and Albums released
The group made their comeback with their second mini album, Bring It Back 2 Old School, on the 11th of February, 2009. The title track “I Like You” features the members sporting Old School hairstyles, dancing to Korean pop in the late 1990s, which was the concept of their second mini album. The second promoted track is “Talk To Me”, although it had no obvious links to the Old School concept they were aiming for.
On November 5, 2009, U-KISS returned with their third mini album, Am I That Easy?. The title track “Am I That Easy?” helped raise their popularity, which promptly led them to start recording the next album.
Their first full length album, Only One, was released on February 2010. Promoted songs include “Round and Round”, “What”.
On October 4, 2010, the fourth mini album Break Time showed fans yet another new concept conjured up by the company. It features the title track, Shut Up.
Starting on January 5, 2011, Kevin participated in the musical “On Air Live” as the lead actor. He acted in a total of 26 shows between his first stage as stated, and his last stage on February 14, 2011.
Kevin joined Arirang‘s radio show Pops in Seoul to host the ‘All About You’ segment alongside co-host Isak. Alexander later joined the duo in the hosting. Eli joined them as a new co-host in early 2010, replacing Isak.
Kevin, along with bandmate Alexander were also made regular casts for variety show “Star King” since April, and were both selected as new MCs for Arirang TV global music show “The M-Wave” in early August.
Five members, Soohyun, Kibum, Kiseop, Dongho and Kevin were announced to be part of drama I Am Legend, acting as a rock band. This marks their acting debut, where members get to show their musical talent by playing instruments they are good at. Kevin will be playing the guitar. Fans have noted that they did not appear in the drama. However, no officials stood out to explain the issue.
U-KISS has also starred in many variety shows over the years. Variety that are U-KISS centric includes “You Know U-Kiss”, “All about U-Kiss”, “U-Kiss’ Vampire” and “Chef’s Kiss”
Kevin also sang Finally featuring Alexander, a song composed by Brave Brothers. As of March 17, U-Kiss’ Kevin, Eli, and former member Alexander will no longer be MC’s for Arirang’s Radio School. With the group’s loss of former members Alexander and Kibum, and the release of their upcoming 2011 album, Arirang has etched out Radio School, replacing it with an alternate program. Alexander tweeted his thanks on the 17th saying, “Thank u for all ya love & support for our @arirangpops segment! Learnt a lot & had so much FUN w/ y’all~ Gonna miss y’all.. Love y’all!♥^-^”
credits to source: Wikipedia)
- Kevin‘s favorite color is Blue.
- Kevin is good at SWIMMING!
- Let It Be by Beatles was the 1st song that kevin sang in a large crowd.
- Kevin can do poppin’ dance, guitar, piano, speak in English and of course ,sing
- Kevin wanted to try skydiving.
- Kevin likes action movies.
- Kevin hates BUGS.
- Kevin prays before he eats.
- Kevin eats slowly and eats a lot.
- Kevin eats Pizza with kimchi.
- Kevin loves ddeokbokkgi and spicy foods. He also loves mexican foods. and his fave food is PIZZA.
- Kevin loves taking photos.
- Kevin loves his hands.
- Kevin likes talking to his computer.
- Kevin likes acting cute in front of girls.
- Kevin likes acting like a girl.
- Kevin likes handmade gifts.
- Kevin gives hugs and kisses to his pet ,Minnie.
- Kevin is very loving and caring to others.
- Kevin wants to be the main character of Boys Over Flowers!
- If an opportunity comes, Kevin would like to try acting!
- Kevin would bursts into laughter in a little thing/corny jokes…
- Kevin is one of the MC of Pops In Seoul: I feel like and The M-Wave ,both programs from Arirangtv
- Kevin was called the doctor in Pops in Seoul ( about 3 times) because he was the one who ussually explain what was going on.
- Kevin rides public transportation..like subways..to go home and save money sometimes he’s with Xander when riding it.
- Xander gave another nickname for kevin–> MERVIN
- HONEYVIN is one of the nicknames of Kevin given by Xander and it has a story why it is Honeyvin
- According to Alexander Eusebio reason why HONEYVIN was born as kevin’s nickname is..
HoneyVin: I used to say ‘thats rite honey’ for fun to @kevinwoo91 n call him ?? (which means Vin in Korean)~ coincidently, in Lady Gaga’s ‘Telephone’ MV, Gaga called Beyonce Honey-B which made me shout out ‘HoneyVin’ and LAUGHED
- Kevin’s envious to Xander’s ability to speak 7 languages.
- According to dongho, kevin likes saying “PABO!” pabo meaning Silly/Fool, he once said it to kiseop in chef’s kiss.
- Dongho’s 1st impression to kevin: I thought that he was younger than me since he has a baby face and looks fresh.
- Dongho said that the color represents Kevin’s personality? “Pure white”.
- Dongho said that Kevin’s charm is The coexistence of his cuteness and charisma.
- Kevin said that Eli sleeps without his clothes.
- Kevin said that Alexander is really really nice BUT Xander ALWAYS teases him.
- Kevin: If I was a girl, i’d be HOT Eli: Whatever. If i was a girl, i’d be HOTTER.Xander: Shut up! For sure i’ll be the HOTTEST.
- In an interview Kevin said his the closest to Kibum among his mates, unfortunately Kibum hates him the most.
- Kevin, Dongho and Xander love hugging their fans…..♥♥♥
- Kevin Woo is a Christian.
- Kevin is 100% korean.
- Kevin is not good at math.
- Kevin writes in a neat handwritting.
- Kevin is always on time!
- Kevin’s fave time of the year is MIDTERM.
- Kevin cries while watching drama shows.
- Kevin loses to Rock Paper Scissors Game easily!
- Kevin is satisfied with his looks!
- Kevin loves to sing random songs at a random time.
- More than words by Extreme/Westlife was the song Kevin used/sang in his audition, myb audition in Xing.
- The happiest moment of Kevin was when he debuted as a singer!
- Kevin was the last original member of Xing that left the group…Ki Bum was the first
- KEVIN is one of the TOP 10 MOST INNOCENT south korean stars in a poll taken by thailand kpop fans.
- Kevin‘s uncle is an Opera singer in Germany.
- Kevin came to korea with his mom to audition last 2006.
- Kevin once did a clumsy thing in his grandfather’s birthday when he was young.
- Kevin’s sister, Deanna Woo, is 3 years older than him w/c means if Kevin is 19(<-not korean age).
- Kevin’s sister is named Deanna who is currently living in America… Kevin usually talks to her on phone.
- Because Kevin is the youngest in his family, he was told to wash the dishes, throw the garbages and was like “aah!~” poor son!
- When Kevin was young, his sister always scolds at him like “Go To Sleep!”,”how com you would not finish your homework?!”
- Kevin said that his sister and him are similar when they were babies.
- “I feel much more comfortable with you (G.NA) than Alexander.” -Kevin
- “I just love cameras! Don’t you too?” *laughs* -Kevin.
- “I really like listening to ‘Because of You’ by Ne-Yo.” – Kevin
- “I was the happiest when I went to the amusement park with my parents, holding their hands” – Kevin
- “If I do have the chance, I want to make my own music, compose & write my own music & sing my own music.” – KEVIN
- Rmbr in Ukiss vampire? “When your Cousin Buys land…” Kevinsaid “..YOURE HAPPY!” LMAO.
- Alexander: what is the last thing you did before going to sleep?Kevin : Of Course! i did my homework for Pops in Seoul!Eli : Oh? really? I thought you pick your nose!- LMAO ELI!!
- The first and the last time that people heard Kevin’s voice cracked while performing TALK TO ME in the huge crowd…
- Kevin said he’s weight is 54 kg.
- Kevin is the member who doesnt wash up that much!
- When Kevin is nervous, he closes his eyes and pray!
- when Kevin’s watching scary movies,he covers his face.
- when Kevin’s computer is hanging/slow,he’s gonna talk with it like ,”WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW?!”
- Kevin goes gayish when it comes to iguanas.
- Kevin didnt experience wearing a uniform in his school days.
- MP3 is always on Kevin’s bag. He said that its boring if he doesnt have music with him.
- Kevin has a facebook account but it’s on private, he only accepts his friends and family.
- Kevin sleeps on his side and hugs a teddy bear when he sleeps!
- Kevin likes basketball, badminton, taekwondo, and soccer but he’s no good with it BUT he’s good at SWIMMING!
- Rain Bi was Kevin’s inspiration to have his dream as a singer.
- He saw Rain performed in America and started dreaming to be a singer
- Kevin’s fantasy kiss is a kiss in the eye.
- Kevin loves laughing a lot. Cause he believes in the sayin ” Laughter is the best medicine”…
- Kevin never leaves his house without his camera (same with Alexander).
- Kevin LOVES getting gifts from his fans. He even has a cabinet where all his gifts from his fans are hidden.
- Kevin can imitate :
1. Jung Ju Ri’s face
2. Dinosaur looks
3. Margie’s voice (margie from the simpsons)
- Kevin did a part time job before –> BABY SITTING
- Kevin didnt experience to have a girlfriend no girlfriend since BIRTH!
- Kevin havent had his first love because he started training at an early age so he havent had any chance.
- Kevin had a crush in his school days and he confessed to that girl before he went to korea dont worry,the girl already has a BF.
- Kevin gave a message to his CRUSH when he was in highschool in pops in seoul. He didnt confess to his crush because he cant get the perfect time. but when he wants to confess already,he made his debut as a singer in korea.
- Kevin have seen one of his fans who is the type of girl he likes.
- If kevin would date a girl,he will take her to LOTTE WORLD!
- Kevin’s type: Girls with soft hands, who can carry him [take it as a joke], who would not hurt his feelings, older than him.
- Kevin’s ideal girl is a cute and lively girl and a girl with smiling eyes. also,he likes girls with long fingers (LIKE HIM) :D, In celebrities,kevin’s ideal girl is SANDARA PARK.
- Kevin’s ideal girl is Sandara Park and he’s shy when they want kevin to make a msg for dara.
- kevin admires sandara park of 2ne1, not just him almost all of the u-kiss members.
- Kevin wants to get married after 30.