I actually only started watching this because I found out that Seo Kang Jun would be in it. I did read the plot and found it interesting. And it really was good in the beginning. But mid-way through I found the personality of the main character of Yoo Jung, just creepy and childish. I also didn’t like the fact that Seol would make excuses for him whenever he did something terrible. I get that in the end he did finally understand what he was doing was wrong but it really made the story go down hill for me. I could barely watch towards the end. I just wanted to see what would happen to In Ho (Seo Kang Jun).
- Drama: Cheese in the Trap
- Revised romanization: Cheese in the Trap
- Hangul: 치즈 인 더 트랩
- Director: Lee Yoon-Jung
- Writer: Soon Ggi (original comic), Kim Nam-Hee
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: January 4 – March 1, 2016
- Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Drama depicts the delicate relationship between female university student Hong Seol (Kim Go-Eun) and her senior Yoo Jung (Park Hae-Jin). Hong-Seol works part-time due to her family’s poor background. Yoo Jung is good looking, gets good grades, athletic and has a kind personality, but he has a dark side.
- Park Hae-jin as Yoo Jung
- A college student who seems kind on the outside, but secretly harbors a dark side that only Hong Seol observes. He is attracted to Hong Seol.
- Kim Go-eun as Hong Seol
- A college student who is smart, but awkward in society. She struggles to figure out Yoo Jung’s true intentions and is the only one that can see through his exterior.
- Seo Kang-joon as Baek In-ho
- Yoo Jung’s former friend who believes him to be responsible for instigating a fight that damaged his hand and ending his dreams of becoming a pianist. He is on friendly terms with Hong Seol and goes along with her without any effort. He affectionately nicknames Hong Seol, “Dog Fur”. And has difficulty expressing his love for Hong Seol.
- Baek family
- Lee Sung-kyung as Baek In-ha
Baek Inho’s selfish and materialistic older sister. Along with Inho, she is also a childhood friend of Yoo Jung’s.
- Hong family
- Kim Hee-chan as Hong Joon
Hong Seol’s younger brother who has recently returned to Korea from the States. His parents are apparently more biased towards him, causing Seol to feel envious at times.
- Ahn Gil-kang as Hong Jin-tak
- Yoon Bok-in as Kim Young-hee
- Yeon-yi university
- Park Min-ji as Jang Bo-ra
- Nam Joo-hyuk as Kwon Eun-taek
- Lee Woo-dong as Heo Yoon-seob
- Cha Joo-young as Nam Joo-yeon
- Moon Ji-yoon as Kim Sang-cheol
- Yoon Ji-won as Son Min-soo
- Yoon Ye-joo as Kang Ah-young
- Ji Yoon-ho as Oh Young-gon
- Kim Hye-ji as Lee Da-young
- Oh Hee-jun as Ha Jae-woo
- Go Hyeon as Kim Kyung-hwan
- Shin Joo-hwan as Min Do-hyun
- Hwang Seok-jeong as Professor Kang
- Kim Jin-keun as Professor Han
- Extended cast
- Son Byong-ho as Yoo Young-soo
- Kim Ki-bang as Kong Joo-yong