- Movie: Joker Game
- Romaji: Joka Gemu
- Japanese: ジョーカー・ゲーム
- Director: Yu Irie
- Writer: Koji Yanagi (novel)
- Release Date: 2015
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Set along a backdrop of a fictitious second world war at an international city in Asia.
In Japan, Lieutenant Colonel Yuki recommends the creation of spy training school “D Kikan”. Meanwhile, Kato (Kazuya Kamenashi) is facing capital punishment for his refusal to follow a superior’s order. Kato is then scouted by “D Kikan”. He goes through a harsh training regiment and faces his first mission as a spy.
In order to seize American ambassador Graham’s confidential documents “Black Note.” Kato infiltrates into an international city. A battle to gain possession of the “Black Note” ensues between Kato, a mysterious woman named Rin (Kyoko Fukada), the British Spy Agency, the Soviet Spy Agency and the radical army in Japan.
- Based on the novel “Joker Game” by Koji Yanagi (published August 28, 2008 by Kadokawa Shoten).
- Filming begins January 4, 2014. Shooting locations will take place between Japan, an open set on Batam Island in Indonesia and downtown Singapore.
- Kazuya Kamenashi – Kato (genius spy)
- Kyoko Fukada – Rin (American Ambassador’s lover)
- Yusuke Iseya – Yuki (Lieutenant Colonel)
Source/Credit: Asian Wiki